Monday, August 25, 2008

little blessings

So I know I didn't post for a long time and now twice in one week, but I had to tell this story. A couple of weeks ago, I got a card in the mail from Adam and Karlie for my birthday. There was a check and a note that they hoped it could go to my bike fund.


I am ashamed to say that somehow the card fell out of my car, so I was a little sad that I lost it, but I hadn't really thought about it lately.

So today I got my mail and I found this envelope with a strange non-existent return address.



I opened the envelope, and there, envelope and all, was my card from Karlie and the check intact.


But that wasn't all. There was this adorable little note and $3 cash.


Seriously. I can't believe people like Pat still exist. She didn't even give me her address so I could send her a thank you. I told Rebekah about it tonight and she said that Pat probably thought I was a little kid since most adults don't have bike funds for their birthday. Well, whatever she thought, she did a good deed. Amazing. If any of the seven people who read my blog know Pat from Tooele, tell her I said thanks for making my day and helping me buy a ten-speed. :)

7 comments:

Melanie&Skyler Cont. said...

I LOVE THIS STORY! Thanks for sharing and congrats on getting it all back. Seriously, such a great story. Hooray for Pat! Something good did come out of Tooele. Miracles to exist on so many fronts.

mkg

Sarah said...

i love this story too! good for pat. she did her kind deed for a struggling kid who's only ever wanted a bike. just when i'd given up on humanity, you brought the story of pat and her $3 into my life.

bless you. bless pat.

satomblablabla said...

Courtney,
As I read this story, I was totally thinking that Pat was a guy. So you think it's a woman? I guess we'll never know huh. In any case, it was a really cool story and I honor Pat and his or her greatness!

Karen said...

What a day maker to read your amazing story. I pictured Pat as a man too and also thought he had no idea whether it was for a little kid or a big kid. Whoever he/she is, he is keeping my hope alive that there will always be good people out there who follow through on their good intentions. GO PAT!!! No one deserves a random ace of kindness more than you, Courtney, since that is how you live your life and what goes around come around
Love
Karen/Mom

kaheels said...

Court, I think you have more that 7 people reading your blog. Also, I think that's a great story and you should know that I am Pat. Just kidding, but it definitely inspired me to try and find more opportunities to do nice things for people.

satomblablabla said...

haha..."Kaheels" totally had me going for a split second there...

Sandra said...

Hi Court. Glad to know you are blogging. Even better to be able to read along! Fantastic to see you the desert. Sure love you my friend.
sandhi